Apple Cinnamon Walnut Muffins
Muffins have always been one of my favorite breakfasts, especially in the fall. Packing them with good-for-you ingredients makes the indulgence a little less guilty as well. These are great for energy and for keeping you alert and focused!
Click here to see 9 Cinnamon Recipes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flower
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare muffin tray by greasing cups (alternatively, line with muffin liners).
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and stir. Mix in oil, egg, and milk. Fold in apples and walnuts. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling to the top of the cup.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and stir. Mix together and pour evenly over unbaked muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.