“Try this banana cake. Add some cinnamon powder to enhance the taste.”
- Ready In:
g self-raising flour, sifted
g butter or 100 g margarine
g caster sugar
small eggs, beaten
teaspoon lemon juice
teaspoon vanilla essence
banana, mashed (Mash it just before adding to the cake mixture to avoid discoloration)
pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs gradually to the creamed mixture, beating the mixture with each addition until all the egg is added. Note: add the egg a little at a time and mix well to prevent it from curdling.
- Fold in the flour with a metal spoon until the cake mixture is of a dropping consistency.
- Add the vanilla essence, lemon juice, cinnamon powder and mashed banana.
- Mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake in the middle shelf of a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius/ Gas Reg. 5 for 25-30 minutes .
- Note: To save time, use an electric hand whisk for creaming the cake mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question?
Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, this is Kim. I’m from Singapore. Unlike most of you, I am not a chef,
but I love good food. Thank you for sharing your recipe with me.
View Full Profile