- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana and then add the beaten eggs, yogurt, milk and extract stirring until combined.
- Add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir. Then add the coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes; then turn muffins out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.