Made without butter or oil, these moist and healthy banana oatmeal muffins are made in the blender and are a delicious breakfast or snack! Steps for the proper way to store muffins in the additional tips section.
- 2 cup Oats, Quaker (quick cooking or old fashioned)
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 2 large Egg, fresh, whole, raw
- 1 cup Great Value Greek Plain Nonfat yogurt 1cup/227g=1 serv
- 2 tbsp Honey (see notes below)
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder (low sodium if you prefer)
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 dash Salt
- NOTES: *Feel free to adjust the honey to your preferred sweetness. Two tablespoons was more than enough for me, but if you prefer a sweeter muffin, add more.
- MIX-INS: Up to 1/2 cup mix-ins: chocolate chips (mini or regular), chopped dark chocolate, nuts, dried cranberries, or blueberries (fresh or frozen) The mix-ins are not included in the nutritional information since they are optional.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup standard muffin tin or line with paper liners. If using liners, lightly greasing them as well. Set aside.
- Place the all ingredients but the mix-ins in a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade: oats, bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, honey, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend or process on high, stopping to scrape down and stir the ingredients once or twice as needed, until the batter is smooth and the oats have broken down almost completely, about 3 minutes. By hand, stir in the mix-ins. If the batter is warm from the appliances motor, the chocolate chips may melt and swirl as they are stirred. If this bothers you, let the batter cool for 10 minutes before adding them.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups, filling each no more than 3/4 of the way to the top. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips or nuts as desired. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack and let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 12 muffins