You won’t have to think too hard about pudding this in your mouth.
UPGRADE YOUR MIXER: KitchenAid Hand Mixer, $36; amazon.com.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. vanilla pudding mix
- 1 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. crushed Nilla wafers
- 2 sliced bananas, divided
- 1/2 c. crushed Nilla wafers, plus more for garnish
- 20 whole Nilla Wafers
- Step 1Bake cakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8” cake pans with parchment paper and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Step 2Prepare cake batter according to package instructions. Divide between prepared cake pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- Step 3Make ice cream layer: In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, crushed Nilla wafers, and about two-thirds of the bananas.
- Step 4Assemble cake: Add one cake layer to your serving platter. Spread about half of the ice cream mixture onto the cake, then top with a layer of whole Nilla Wafers. Top with the second cake layer, then spread the remaining ice cream mixture on top. Garnish with more crushed Nilla Wafers, whole Nilla Wafers, and banana slices.
- Step 5Freeze until the ice cream is firm, about 4 hours.
Lauren Miyashiro is a freelance contributor for Delish, and formerly worked as Food Director. She graduated culinary school in 2016 and mastered the art of the crunchwrap in 2017.