My daughter wanted to bake muffins and we had some extra strawberry raspberry puree leftover making berry ice cream; that was the inspiration for the flavour. Also, anything pink always gets a nod from Emily. I think berry jam would also work but certainly reduce the sugar as these are pretty sweet using just puree. You can probably reduce the sugar regardless by about a third and not really notice. But they were very tasty as is. —DebS
berry puree (unstrained)
old fashioned oats
salted butter, melted
1 1/3 cups
all purpose flour
- Combine banana, berry puree and oats. Set aside for about 10 min while you prepare muffin pan and mix dry ingredients (at least this takes 10 min when your sous-chef is a 4yr old).
- Mix together flour, wheat germ, wheat bran, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir eggs into berry oat mixture; stir in sugar. Mix in butter until well combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just combined.
- Spoon into lined/greased and floured muffin tin and bake at 375F for about 20min (until done because I always forget to set the timer).