Flour-less chocolate muffins that are high in protein, low in sugar, and packed with healthy ingredients.
Oh, and they’re delicious!
A great healthy baking option for kids (and adults too of course).
Here’s how to make them:
- 380g tin or carton of black beans
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Liberte yogurt (or similar Greek style yogurt)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (dark cocoa powder is fine too)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate flavour, but vanilla would probably work ok too)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (plus extra to press into the top of each muffin)
Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a blender.
Stir in the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
Pour the mixture into 12 muffin cases (silicone ones work best), then add a few chocolate chips to the top of each one.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the muffin.
Allow to cool for a few minutes, then take them out of their cases and pop them on a rack to cool completely.
They’ll last a few days in an airtight container, but will also freeze well too.
calories, chocolate, dieting, food, lose weight, nutrition, personal trainer haywards heath, recipe, recipes, weight loss