- * 2 english muffin, split in 1/2, toasted and buttered
- * 4 thick slice tomato
- * 4 slice prosciutto
- * 4 egg
- * 2 egg yolk
- * 3/4 stick butter, melted
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * pinch of black pepper and cayenne
- * juice of 1/2 lemon
- * 1/4 cup basil
- Crisp prosciutto: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut prosciutto slices in half. Place on a baking sheet lines with parchment paper or silt pad. Bake until crisp, about four minutes.
- Make hollandaise: Place egg yolks, salt, black pepper, cayenne and lemon juice in the bottom of a blender, turn on until yolks are pale and fluffy, about two minutes. Slowly drizzle in butter until fully incorporated. Add basil, blend until combined. Season with salt.
- Poach Eggs: Fill a large shallow pot with water, bring to a boil and then reduce to a barely-there simmer. Stir in 2 tablespoons white vinegar. Crack egg into a small dish. Using a wooden spoon, make the water swirl in a circle. Carefully drop egg in. Poach for 3-4 minutes until the white is set and yolk is still runny. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Assemble. Place tomato on top of English muffin. Season tomato with salt and pepper. Top with two pieces of crispy prosciutto, then poached egg. Serve with basil hollandaise and fresh basil.