A fresh blueberry glaze adorns these donut like muffins for the perfect summer treat. They are as good as they look and you’ll never regret reaching for a second one. By faster than making a fresh batch of yeasted donuts and every bit as satisfying.
Have you made these yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 2 3/4 c.
- 1 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
- 3/4 tsp.
- 1/2 c.
(1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 c.
- 1/3 c.
packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp.
pure vanilla extract
- 1 c.
- 1/2 c.
- 2 tbsp.
lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 c.
Sprinkles, for decorating
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350° and line a cupcake tin with 12 liners. In a medium bowl, whisk flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Step 2In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well to combine. Add half the flour mixture, beat to just combine. Beat in milk, then add remaining flour mixture and beat until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared cupcake tin.
- Step 3Bake until puffed and golden, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Step 4Make the glaze: In a small saucepan, bring blueberries and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a boil, stirring. Boil until blueberries burst, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Step 5Set a sieve over a medium heatproof bowl. Scrape blueberry mixture through sieve; discard solids. Add remaining tablespoon lemon juice and whisk powdered sugar into blueberry mixture to create a thick pourable glaze, adding water, no more than 2 tablespoons to adjust consistency, if needed.
- Step 6Dip tops of cooled cupcakes in glaze and top with sprinkles. Let glaze set before serving, about 10 minutes.
This content is imported from poll. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.