Blueberry Muffin Recipe
I’ve finally perfected the To Die For Blueberry Muffin
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. In a clean bowl, add vegetable oil, egg, and milk. Add this liquid mixture to the flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. The fork test: Prick the muffin with a fork and if the fork comes out clean, your muffin is done baking. If a few crumbs stick to the fork, that is okay too and the muffins can be taken out of the oven.
|Wash and dry blueberries.
|Measure dry ingredients.
|In a new bowl, add eggs, milk, and vegetable oil.
|Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and mix until just moistened. Do not overmix. The batter will look lumpy.
|Gently fold the blueberries into the batter with a spatula.
|With an ice cream scoop or spoon, gently scoop batter into a well
greased muffin pan. See how much I sprayed the pan? This is essential
so that the muffins slide easily out of the pan after they are done
|FILL EACH WELL UP TO THE TOP! Let the batter flow!
|Pop into a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
|At this point, I thought the muffins looked finished. Boy was I wrong! Look below.
|The muffin may have been browned on the outside but it was raw on the
inside! Don’t be fooled by the muffin’s appearance and remember to do
the fork test! Eh, 5 out of 6 muffins ain’t too bad…
|After approximately 25 minutes, the fork came out clean and my muffins were done baking.
|Cool for ten minutes.
|Use a knife to loosen the edges.
|Move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
|Top these off with some strawberry butter for a quick and scrumptious breakfast on-the-go.