- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablesppoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 lb free-range seasoned sausage meat
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- handful of finely chopped chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, cut in half
- Blend together the onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and paprika in a food processor. In a large bowl combine the onion mixture with the sausage meat, egg yolk, sage, chives and black pepper. Use some muscle to mix all the ingredients thoroughly with a wooden spoon. With wet hands, make four even-sized balls out of the mixture and then flatten each one to form a patty shape. Put on a covered plate in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and put the burgers into it without any additional fat. Cook them for about five minutes on one side, then reduce the heat a little, flip the burgers over and cook for five minutes on the other side. Flip them over again and cook for another three minutes per side on a low to medium heat, until cooked through.
- While the burgers are cooking, lightly toast the muffins under the broiler. Serve each burger in a toasted muffin with condiments of your choice, mustard and ketchup being the obvious ones.
- Big Kahuna Burger
- Myron Mixon's Whistler Burger
- Crab Burger