Caprese English Muffin Pizzas
English muffin pizzas are a hit. A crispy, crunchy crust makes a lighter caprese pizza perfect for starters or appetizers.
- 4 english muffins, split
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the muffins onto foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and top with the Parmesean cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Mound over the muffin halves. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and broil for 6-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.