A light and moist almond cake, soaked with caramel sauce!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (or dulce de leche)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almonds slices or slivers
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (or dulce de leche), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked salt (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar, mix in the caramel sauce, and beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix flours, baking powder and salt before mixing into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch baking pan and sprinkle on the almonds before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick pushed into the centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- When you remove the cake from the oven, pierce it many times with a thin knife or large toothpick, pour on the caramel sauce and let it soak in while the cake cools. Optionally sprinkle on some flaked salt fop a salted caramel version!