- 500g minced beef
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, plus small handful leaves, to serve
- 300g pack cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli
- small handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small red onion, cut into wafer-thin slices
- 2 English muffins, toasted
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/ gas 6. Mix the beef with the chilli and some chopped coriander, then season well. Shape into four patties about 2.5cm thick. Chill until needed.
- STEP 2
Keeping the tomatoes on the vine, put them in a roasting tin. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil and season. Roast for 12-15 mins until just soft.
- STEP 3
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Then cook burgers on each side for 4 mins for rare or 5 mins for medium. For the relish, mix 2 tbsp of olive oil, the lime juice and sweet chilli sauce, parsley, coriander leaves and red onion. To serve, place a burger on a muffin half, add a branch of tomatoes and top with red onion relish.