We hope that you enjoy our recipe and find value in the products we recommend. We thoroughly research our picks before sharing them with our loyal readers like you. Just so you know, if you click through a link we post or purchase a product that we recommend, we collect a small share of that sale or other compensation from the links on this page. If you have any further questions, you can reach out to us on our “Contact” page.
Chocolate lovers. Cake lovers. Birthday lovers: We made this Chocolate Chip Birthday Cake just for you!
Oh-my-lordy-this-cake! The basic idea is to take a box of white cake mix and change up the add-ins to make the most perfect blend of chocolate chip cookie flavor in a true cake-like texture. Like whoa! Go ahead and just let that all soak in for a few moments.
The cake mix add-ins are simple:
Coconut Oil + Milk + Eggs + Vanilla + Chocolate Chips
Chocolate chip cookie flavor. Cake texture. Surprises in the center. We are thinking you need to plan a practice birthday party with this one tomorrow. And invite us.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Celebrate any birthday or other festive occasion with this delicious, chocolatey cake!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 16oz chocolate frosting
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Preheat oven to 350(F) degrees and prepare two (9 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, milk, vanilla, coconut oil and 1/2 of the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined. Divide batter evenly into two round cake pans and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully remove both cakes from oven and let cool for about half an hour. Place the first cake on a serving platter. Top with frosting, sprinkles and remainder of the chocolate chips.
- Place second cake on top and press down gently. Evenly cover the cake with the remainder of the frosting.
If you want to create the ‘shiny’ effect, just dip the butter knife in warm water before you spread the frosting.