Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- Total Time:
- 12 hrs 30 mins
- 2 4-oz bars German’s chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 Large eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 7-oz. package of ladyfingers
- Whipped cream and grated chocolate, for serving
- Step 1Melt chocolate in double boiler or large metal bowl set atop pot of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Add 3 tablespoons water and stir well to combine. Remove from heat. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating vigorously to incorporate each. Add confectioners’ sugar and walnuts and stir well to blend.
- Step 2In large chilled bowl, beat heavy cream just until stiff. Set aside.
- Step 3In bowl of stand mixer, with whisk attachment, beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Using rubber spatula, gently fold beaten egg whites and whipped cream into chocolate until incorporated.
- Step 4Line bottom and sides of 8-inch square baking pan with ladyfingers. Top with chocolate mixture. Chill 12 to 24 hours. Serve with whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desired.