Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake
Add some unique pastry to the breakfast table when you serve this Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake. It’s made with Hood Sour Cream, which means a more flavorful cake with less crumbs left behind on your plate. Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee for the full experience. For more delicious seasonal recipes visit Hood.com.We only drink coffee for the cake. Recipe courtesy of Hood.Serve this Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake from Hood at your next dinner party.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick ( eight tbsp) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup hood sour cream
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour a 9-inch tube pan with a removable bottom.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Reserve.
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add almond extract and mix well.
- Add half of the flour mixture and half of the sour cream alternately with the sour cream to the butter and egg mixture. Do not overbeat.
- Place half the batter (about 1 ½ cups) in prepared pan, and spread evenly. Spread the cranberry sauce evenly on top of the batter. Add remaining batter to the pan, spreading evenly to form the top layer. Top with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove cake from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.