With Easter right around the corner, I have been having so much fun figuring out what we will be on the menu. It’s my favorite part about any holiday…deciding on what we are going to eat and creating fun recipes! I love having some traditional sides on the table but I also like to throw in a few new ones, even if they are just twists on an old recipe, adding in that new flavor or ingredient is always nice because it shakes things up and gives such a Wow-factor to our Easter Celebrations! These Cranberry Orange Cornbread Muffins do just that! They still have that delicious sweet cornbread taste but with the added twist of a cranberries with just a hint of orange to bring out their flavor and sweetness, the perfect quick and easy Easter dish the entire family will love!
You are going to love how easy these Cranberry Orange Cornbread Muffins come together too! You can use your own favorite Cornbread recipe or if you are short on time you can even buy a couple of store bought mixes…either way you aren’t too far away from deliciously sweet cornbread muffins with a twist!
Cranberry Orange Cornbread Muffins Recipe
Recipe Type: Breads
Adapted from [url href=”https://goo.gl/Rr484G”]Del Monte[/url]
- 2 packages (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 TBSP orange zest (approximately one orange)
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Del Monte® No Salt Added Cream Style Corn
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Del Monte® No Salt Added Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated. Batter will be lumpy.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out with crumbs, and muffins are golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
I love a Wow-factor recipe with minimal ingredients and one that can be made in one bowl…the best!!
After mixing all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, place batter (will be lumpy) into greased muffin tins. Filling about 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
And look at that crumb…golden, sweet, and delicious with a hint of orange and cranberry!!!
Create your own #10MinuteWow recipes from Del Monte’s #10MinuteWow Easter Pinterest Board and enter the #10MinuteWow Pinterest contest for the chance to win a special Del Monte gift basket including:
- (1) $200 American Express gift card
- (1) Casserole dish
- (1) Serving Spoon
- (1) Del Monte Recipe Book
- Del Monte product
To enter the Sweepstakes entrants must select one recipe from Del Monte’s #10MINUTEWOW Easter Pinterest board and pin to their personal Pinterest Easter Board using hashtags #10MINUTEWOW #DELMONTECONTEST then send their Easter board to email@example.com during official Sweepstakes hours
Entry period: March 2, 2016 at 3pm PT – March 16, 2016 at 3:00pm PM
See Contest Rules HERE.
You can read more about Del Monte at their social media sites here: Pinterest // Twitter // Facebook // Instagram
Thanks for stopping by today!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Del Monte. The opinions and text are all mine.