Sometimes simple is just as sweet. I know I’m a little late posting these, but I thought I would share the recipe. It’s a really good cake mix enhanced recipe (that is, if you don’t mind using a mix). I found it in the Bundt Classics Recipe Book and used it for these cupcakes. So here goes…
1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. dark chocolate cake mix
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1b. package confectioners’ sugar
1-3 teaspoons milk, half and half or cream
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pans with baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix 2 minutes on medium speed. Increase speed to medium-high; mix 3 more minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350 for around 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and cool.
- Buttercream: Using a mixer, cream softened butter and vanilla with a mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar gradually, allowing butter and sugar to cream together before adding more.
- If you want it a little creamier, add a teaspoon of milk at a time and beat on high until you get the right texture.
If you want to use this recipe in a Bundt cake pan, then heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 to 12 cup Bundt pan and fill 3/4 full. I’ve made it this way several times and it’s so good, it doesn’t even need frosting. Just sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top.
Recipe from Bundt Classics, 2003.
don’t miss a recipe!stay connected
Receive new posts and updates via email.