Classic Eggs Benedict Recipe. Eggs Benedict are great as a special occasion breakfast, or just because they taste so good!
- * 4 egg yolk
- * 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- * pinch of ground white pepper
- * ⅛ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- * 1 tablespoon water
- * 1 cup butter, melted
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 8 egg
- * 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- * 8 round of canadian bacon
- * 4 english muffin, split open
- * 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- * chopped chive for garnish
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top pan and bring to a simmer.
- In the top of the double boiler, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add melted butter to the egg yolk mixture a few tablespoons at a time while whisking the yolks constantly.
- Thin with hot water if the hollandaise gets too thick.
- Continue whisking until all butter is mixed in, then whisk in salt and remove from heat.
- Place a lid on pan to keep the sauce warm.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water.
- Bring water to a gentle simmer, then add vinegar.
- Carefully break eggs into simmering water, and cook for 2½ to 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center.
- Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on a warm plate
- While the eggs are poaching, brown the bacon over medium-high heat and toast the English muffins.
- Spread toasted muffins with softened butter, and top each one with a slice of bacon, followed by one poached egg.
- Drizzle with hollandaise sauce adn garnish with chopped chives.