Flourless Dark Chocolate Lover’s Cake Recipe
Here’s an easy chocolate cake recipe with only five ingredients — five very, very good ingredients.
For a little twist, sprinkle a little cinnamon or espresso powder and powdered sugar on top of this chocolate cake instead of whipped cream, or infuse the whipped cream with mint, coffee, or berry jam. — Will Budiaman
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus more for the baking pan
- 6.6 ounce dark chocolate, preferably dove, chopped roughly
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 70-percent (or greater) dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch round baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water over medium-low heat, making sure the bowl does not directly touch the water. Add the butter and melt until smooth. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the eggs until slightly frothy.
- Remove the chocolate-butter mixture from heat and whisk in the eggs. Using a rubber spatula, fold in 3/4 cup of the cocoa powder until just incorporated and pour into the baking pan. Bake until a crust forms on top of the cake, about 25-30 minutes.
- Combine the cream and remaining cocoa powder in a large bowl and refrigerate. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before turning upside down onto a serving plate. Remove the parchment paper if stuck. Whip the cream and cocoa powder in chilled bowl until just stiff peaks form. Serve the cake with the chocolate whipped cream.