I am back in the South Arm Multi Cultural Community Kitchen led by Minoo.
As usual, three recipes were shared in the kitchen. The first recipe was Caldo Verde (Portuguese Kale Soup with Chorizo) which I had blogged before.
Minoo’s recipe is very similar with the one which I had blogged here, with the addition of fresh parsley.
The second recipe is a great way of using leftover rice. This healthy Rice and Spinach Croquettes makes great snacks for the lunch box.
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted and extra butter to grease muffin pan
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 oz thawed frozen chopped spinach, squeezed to remove excess water
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cooked rice
- salt, pepper and dill to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen
|Preheat oven to 400F.
Saute onion and garlic in butter.
|Transfer to a bowl with 3 cups of cooked rice.|
|Add spinach, feta, mozzarella and eggs.
Season with salt, pepper and dry dill.
|Minoo also added some fresh chopped parsley.
|Scoop the mixture into a greased muffin pan. Press to compress the content.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
|Bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Let cool before remove from pan.