Heavenly Chocolate Cake
This cake is a truly a taste of heaven. The beautiful white icing pairs perfectly with the rich chocolate flavor. Serve it for any occasion, and you’re good to go.
For more recipes, visit Taste of Home.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggland’s best eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounce white baking chocolate, chopped
- 18 ounce philadelphia® cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill and frost as desired.