Last Minute Trifle
Use your cubed cake for a quick and delicious trifle using a seasonal fruit compote. Layer cinnamon-flavored whipped cream, chocolate or vanilla pudding, or even plain Greek yogurt with leftover wedding cake and fruit compote.
Click here to see What to Do with Leftover Wedding Cake
- 2 cup chopped fruit or berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of grated lemon zest
- 2 cup vanilla or chocolate pudding, or greek yogurt
- 1 cup cubed wedding cake, icing removed
- fresh berries, for garnish
- To make the fruit compote, combine the chopped fruit or berries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until fruit has become soft and most of the liquid has evaporated. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- In two tall glasses, layer the ingredients started with ½ cup of the pudding, ½ cup of the fruit compote, ½ cup of the cubed wedding cake, and another ½ cup of the pudding. Garnish with fresh berries.