“Mamon is my FAVORITE Filipino dessert (or one of them ^^*). The thing that differentiates mamon from American sponge cake is because its a little more sweeter and buttery. Mamon is a very soft and creamy cake. :]”
- Ready In:
cup cake flour
cup white sugar
teaspoon baking powder
cup vegetable oil
teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- In a another large bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until meringue-like but not stiff.
- Gradually add sugar while beating. Then, add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and continue beating.
- Add cake flour and baking powder and continue mixing.
- Line muffin pans with paper cups and pour mixture about 2/3 full.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Finished when toothpick comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question?
Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I’m in high school. I am ridiculously smart and therefore, I make food with my spare time. My recipes are easy to make and as a health freak, MOST of them are healthy. I am also Filipino, but since most Filipino food aren’t healthy, I’ll only post the ones that are delicious or reasonably healthy.
I AM AN AVID HARRY POTTER SUPPORTER. i can also run a mile in 8:00. I hate it when people do not cap the toothpaste tube.
View Full Profile