You’ve never seen donuts like this before.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- Total Time:
- 6 hrs 25 mins
For the Cake
- 3 c.
- 1/2 c.
- 3 tbsp.
- 1 tbsp.
- 2 tsp.
For the Ganache
11-oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c.
Rainbow sprinkles, for decorating
- Step 1In a large bowl or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine heavy cream, sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract and whip until soft peaks form.
- Step 2Spread a thin layer on a cake plate or stand. Top with a ring of five donuts, then break up one and place pieces in the center to make a full even layer.
- Step 3Top with a layer of mocha cream, making sure to get it into the donut holes and slightly spilling over tops, then top with another with donuts. Repeat until you have four layers, ending with whipped cream.
- Step 4Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours.
- Step 5When ready to serve, make ganache topping: In a small heatproof bowl, add chocolate chips. Pour over hot heavy cream and let stand 2 minutes. Whisk until combined and creamy. Drizzle over cake and top with sprinkles.
- Step 6Slice and serve.