From Neapolitan cupcakes to Neapolitan bundt cake, we can’t get enough of this classic flavor trio. This ice cream cake comes complete with a tender chocolate cake layer and two creamy layers of strawberry and vanilla ice cream, truly something to please everyone.
Made it? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 c.
- 1 c.
- 1/4 c.
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1 tsp.
- 1/3 c.
- 1 c.
For ice cream layers
(14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp.
pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp.
- 2 c.
cold heavy cream
- 1/2 c.
roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp.
- 1 tbsp.
- 1 c.
whole and halved strawberries
- Nutrition Information
- Per Serving (Serves 10)
- Calories556 Fat32 gSaturated fat14 gTrans fat0 gCholesterol81 mgSodium371 mgCarbohydrates61 gFiber2 gSugar46 gProtein8 gVitamin D1 mcgCalcium182 mgIron1 mgPotassium313 mg
- Note: The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour an 8″ cake pan and an 8″ springform pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Step 2Add oil and milk to bowl with dry ingredients and stir until completely combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 33 to 35 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make ice cream layers: In a large bowl, stir to combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold whipped cream into sweetened condensed milk. Divide mixture into 2 bowls.
- Step 4Make strawberry mixture: in a small food processor, combine strawberries and sugar and process until smooth. Fold strawberry mixture into one of the bowls with the whipped cream mixture.
- Step 5When cake is cooled, transfer to prepared springform pan. Top with strawberry mixture, and smooth top with spatula. Freeze 2 hours, then top strawberry layer with vanilla layer, then smooth top again. Freeze 2 hours more.
- Step 6 To decorate: remove frozen ice cream cake from springform and frost completely with whipped cream. Dust with cocoa powder and add strawberries for garnish.
This content is imported from poll. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
BUY NOW 8″ Springform Pan, $8; amazon.com
Lena Abraham is a freelance contributor with Delish, and was formerly Senior Food Editor, where she developed and styled recipes for video and photo, and also stayed on top of current food trends. She’s been working in the food industry for over 10 years, and will argue that the best fish tacos in the world are made in New York. Don’t @ her.