This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake is an easy and simple dessert that only needs 4 Ingredients like a cake mix, canned peaches, cinnamon, and butter. Serve with vanilla ice cream for the best family dessert.
If you love easy dump cake recipes, then you’ll love my berry crisp dump cake and this chocolate caramel turtle dump cake.
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
This peach dump cake is one of the easiest desserts to make! Just like the name, a dump cake is a recipe that you can just dump into one pan and bake, which makes it a simple enough recipe that anyone can make it.
I am not opposed to cake mix. In fact, when you doctor it up and add some juicy peaches, cinnamon, and butter it transforms the cake mix into this delicious cobbler like dessert that no one would ever guess was ready for the oven in just a few minutes.
Add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top and you just might go for seconds.
What You’ll Need
This dump cake only needs 4 ingredients! All the ingredients have a long shelf life so this is definitely one of those desserts that you can always whip up when you need something quick and easy.
- Canned Peaches – You need 2 cans of sliced peaches. No need to drain the juices as we want the entire can dumped into the pan.
- Ground Cinnamon
- French Vanilla Cake Mix – I think the French vanilla cake mix is the best one to use. But of course, any cake mix will work great like a white cake mix, golden butter cake mix, yellow cake mix, or a vanilla cake mix. Just make sure it is the size called for, which is 15.25 ounces.
- Butter – I use salted butter in this recipe. Cut the stick of butter into really thin slices so you will have enough to cover the entire top of the cake mix.
How To Make Easy Peach Dump Cake
Making this peach dump cake is so easy with only one 9×13 baking pan. That’s all!
Dump Peaches : Pour the canned peaches, juice and all, into the baking pan. Spread out the peaches so they cover the dish.
Cinnamon : Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the peaches.
Cake Mix : Sprinkle the dry cake mix over top the peaches. Use your clean fingers or a spoon to even out the cake mix.
Butter : Slice the butter stick into lots of very thin slices. Enough to cover the top of the cake mix.
Bake & Serve : Cook for 40 minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes so it can come together and cool down a bit. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tips For Success
Here are a few of my tips for this recipe.
- Don’t Prepare The Cake Mix : Do not prepare the cake mix according to package instructions. All you do is dump the dry cake mix over top the peaches and spread it out.
- Slice The Butter Thin : This is the one thing I tell people with this recipe. Do not slice the butter into only a few thick slices. Take your time, slice it very thin so you have plenty of butter slices to cover the cake mix. Lots of people complain about the dry cake mix with a dump cake, but the key to avoid that, is to cut the butter thin so you have enough to cover the cake mix with it.
- Don’t Drain The Peaches : No need to drain the juice. We want that juice to soak up the cake mix and create this cobbler like topping.
- Use Salted Butter : You want the extra salt to help balance out the sweet cake mix and peaches.
Don’t feel like this dump cake has to be made the same each time! There are plenty of ways to switch up if wanted.
- Add More Seasoning : If you love cinnamon then add a bit more. If you love the warm spices like nutmeg or allspice then try adding just a pinch of it. Think apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice warm flavors.
- Cake Mix : I love the French vanilla cake mix but use anything you want. Excellent choices would be yellow cake mix, golden butter cake mix, white cake mix, or vanilla cake mix.
- Ice Cream : Don’t skip this! It makes this dessert 100x better. Use a lower fat ice cream to reduce calories. There are many lower calorie options of ice cream out there, so use what you like.
- Add Nuts : For a salty crunch add some chopped pecans or walnuts on top of the cake mix, and then add butter.
Serve this peach dump cake with a scoop of ice cream. We love to use vanilla ice cream but anything will work.
There are lots of options for lower calorie ice cream, gelato, non dairy ice cream so pick what you love!
You can also serve it with freshly whipped cream.
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored covered at room temperature or in the fridge, for 2-3 days.
If stored at room temperature, the cake mix cobbler topping gets really soft. Almost soggy. So if you are planning on keeping leftovers for at least a couple of days, then I would suggest storing them in the fridge to keep the cobbler topping from getting soft.
Try These Other Peach Recipes
Peaches and Cream Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Peach Blueberry Crisp
Peaches and Cream Poke Cake
Peach Streusel Muffins
Easy Peach Dump Cake
Author Jessica – Together as Family
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Peach Dump Cake is an easy and simple dessert that only needs 4 Ingredients. Cake mix, canned peaches, cinnamon, and butter. Serve with vanilla ice cream for the best family dessert.
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) canned sliced peaches
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box (15.25 oz) french vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
Heat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Dump both cans of canned peaches into the baking dish. DO NOT drain, just dump them in.
Spread out to make sure there are peaches covering the dish evenly. Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the peaches.
Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the peaches. Gently press it down into the peaches forming a nice even layer of cake mix.
Cut the stick of butter into very thin slices. You want enough to make sure the top of the cake is covered with thin slices of butter.
Bake for 40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Servings : Nutrition information is just for the dump cake. Vanilla ice cream on top is extra.
Cake Mix : I prefer the French vanilla cake mix but feel free to use a vanilla cake mix, white cake mix, or even a yellow or golden butter cake mix.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 678IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 2mg