This dense and delicious cake can be eaten as a breakfast or brunch item or after dinner as dessert. —Justforlicks
- For The Cake
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/4 cups
Pears, sliced (Bartlett or Bosc)
- For The Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If the pears are too hard, saute them in 2 T of butter until they have softened a bit.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, both sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a second bowl, add the eggs, vanilla, milk, vegetable oil and water.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. When well mixed, gently fold in the pears. Pour the batter into a greased and floured springform pan. Set aside.
- Add all crumble ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps just slightly. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Place into the oven and bake for approximately 50-55 minutes. Check with a toothpick at 50 minutes to make sure the batter in the center of the cake has set. Let rest for 10 minutes and then remove from springform pan. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Serves 10-12.