Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake. An old fashioned recipe for a cinnamon swirl coffee cake topped with a pecan crumble topping and drizzled in a sweet vanilla glaze.
Here’s another recipe well suited to a weekend brunch; with or without guests!
This is a great to serve when you have guests coming for weekend bunch or even dinner,… but why just wait for guests? This is the sort of thing we bake most weekends to make our family mornings together a little more memorable.
A brunch cake also doubles as Sunday dinner at our house and this one is great as leftovers too. Just warm the leftovers and add a scoop of good vanilla ice cream for Sunday dinner dessert or for an afternoon snack the next day.
A good coffee cake or one of our many delicious scone recipes makes every weekend worth looking forward to. It also gives that extra little push to make sure everyone is enticed out of bed and to the breakfast table.
Put this Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake on the menu with yesterday’s Ham and Cheddar Frittata , a small fruit salad and a pot of French Roast coffee and I’ll be right over! 😉
Like this Coffee Cake recipe?
You’ll find hundreds of other sweet ideas in our Cakes & Pies Category and even more in our Desserts Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes are added. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
1 hour 15 minutes
Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake – an old fashioned recipe for a cinnamon swirl coffee cake topped with a pecan crumble topping and drizzled in a sweet vanilla glaze.
For the Streusel Topping:
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ cup pecans, chopped
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup butter, chopped in small pieces
For the Coffee Cake batter
2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup sour cream
½ cup whipping cream
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
For the Vanilla Glaze
1 cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
To prepare the Streusel Topping
- Using your fingers, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and work the butter completely through the other ingredients until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Set aside.
To prepare the Coffee Cake batter
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Blend together the sour cream and whipping cream and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract well. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour mixture alternately with the cream mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. It is important not to over mix at this point or the cake will be too dense. Fold in the dry ingredients just until fully incorporated in the batter. Reserve about a cup of the batter and spread the rest into the bottom of a greased and floured 9 or 10 inch spring form pan.
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon to the reserved batter and fold in well. Drop the cinnamon batter in tablespoonfuls over the batter in the baking pan and swirl it through the plain batter with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Press together the streusel topping by handfuls and break off small pieces all over the surface of the coffee cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes depending upon the size of your pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The toothpick test is the most reliable way to ensure the cake is fully baked. Some ovens/pans may take a little longer.
- Drizzle with vanilla glaze if desired.
To make the Vanilla Glaze
- Whisk all three ingredients together until smooth and drizzle over the coffee cake.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 314Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 59mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 3g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.