The sweet smell of cinnamon in these quinoa and apple muffins will make your mouth water in anticipation. —Izabella Walker
- Muffin Ingredients
all purpose flour
whole wheat flour
fat free yogurt
quinoa cooked with 2 cups of water for 15 minutes, cooled
- Oatmeal and Cinnamon Topping Ingredients
old fashioned oatmeal
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa according to package instruction. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl mix together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs, stirring with a whisk.
- Add yogurt mixture to the flour mixture, and stir just until moist.
- Fold in cooled quinoa and diced apple.
- To make the topping, combine together in a small mixing bowl, ½ cup of the old-fashion oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and flour.
- Fill muffin pans with liners. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each liner. Sprinkle evenly with oatmeal and cinnamon topping.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 16 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove muffins from pan, and serve warm or at room temperature. This recipe makes 24 muffins.
This is a Smell of Rosemary original recipe. See http://www.smellofrosemary.blogspot.com/2014/03/quinoa-and-apple-muffins.html for step-by-step cooking instructions and photos.