- 2 1/4 cup (335g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 90 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (165g) rhubarb, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon demerara sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Rhubarb vanilla muffins
Preheat the oven to moderately hot, 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole ( 1/3-cup/80ml) muffin pan.
Place flour and caster sugar in large bowl; and the combined butter, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and 1 cup (110g) of the rhubarb; mix until just combined.
Divide mixture among holes of prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining rhubarb and combined demerara sugar and cinnamon.
Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.