These are turbo-charged ridiculously healthy muffins (nutritionally speaking). It’s the healthiest muffin I’ve come up with to date and is so yummy. It’s gluten-free and sugar-free. It is very rich in fiber and omega 3’s because of the chia seeds, which you should be able to find in any health food store. I made mine in my Vitamix blender because it’s so very quick. I used the lowest speed, but literally threw the ingredients in, in the order listed below. You can obviously use a proper stand mixer if you prefer. The advantage of a high-speed blender is that the coconut oil gets whipped up real good. Remember coconut oil solidifies under a certain temperature, so if you’re not using a high-speed blender, I suggest gently warming the coconut oil by placing jar in a bowl of hot water, first.
- 3 tablespoons raw virgin coconut oil
- 1 small banana
- 3 organic eggs or 4 1/4 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer plus 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free or quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Pour the batter into a greased muffin pan or muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy your ridiculously healthy muffins!
For more Gorgeously Green recipes delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
Sophie Uliano is New York Times best-selling author and leading expert in the field of natural health and beauty, who takes a down-to-earth approach to beauty focusing on what’s truly healthy. Join my masterclass to get started.