My husband and I really l like the flavor of harissa. I like to have a jar of it on hand in case I want to add extra flavor to vegetables or a something different to my usual meals and snacks. Depending on your preference for spicy, you can add a little less or more of the Harissa when preparing the pasta sauce for this recipe. —HealthyTwistKitchen
olive oil, plus more for cooking salmon cakes
grated Parmesan cheese, divided
thinly sliced green onions, divided
(6-7ounce) cans boneless and skinless salmon, drained
eggs, lightly beaten
ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook per package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce for pasta by whisking together lemon juice, ¼ cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons harissa, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Transfer cooked spaghetti to a serving dish and reserve ½ cup of cooking liquid. Add lemon harissa sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid as needed if the sauce is too dry. Sprinkle ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese and ¼ cup of green onions over spaghetti.
- In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, eggs, breadcrumbs, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, and remaining green onions and harissa. Shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Place salmon cakes in skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Top spaghetti with salmon cakes. Serve warm.