- 2 packages lemon jell-o
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 cups cool whip, thawed
- 1 medium angel food cake
- 1 can coconut
- Sprinkle Jell-O over the Ice Water
- Add the Boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add sugar and pineapple and let congeal in the refrigerator until Almost Set.
- Fold about 4 cups Cool Whip into the almost-congealed Jell-O mixture
- Lightly grease a tube pan with crisco or canola oil
- Break up the angel food cake into grape sized pieces.
- Starting with a cake layer and alternating with Jell-O mixture, layer the ingredients in the tube pan.
- Let set for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Turn out onto a cake plate and frost with more cool whip.
- Sprinkle with coconut, if desired. Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.