Inspired by a Food and Wine recipe.. —nykavi
- Crepe Batter
1 1/2 cups
Milk (Whole or 2%)
- Strawberry Filling
Mascarpone, at room temperature
Strawberries, sliced thin
- Make crepe batter by whisking flour, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Crack eggs into a blender container. Add milk and cream to eggs. Blend for 15 seconds. Add flour mix and lemon zest to eggs and blend till well mixed. Scrape down the flour on the sides. Pour batter into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Make crepes by heating a 6 inch non stick crepe pan. Brush with melted butter. Add 1/4 cup batter and swirl to spread batter. Cook for 20 seconds till edges are light brown, then flip and cook the other side for another 10 seconds. Repeat with the rest of the batter. You should have about 28-30 crepes. Cool crepes while you make the filling.
- Place strawberries in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times. Add mascarpone, icing sugar, salt and cream to strawberries. Pulse till the mix is smooth. Scrape filling into a bowl.
- Assemble the cake by placing one crepe on a plate. Spread 2 tablespoons of filling onto the crepe. Place another crepe over the filling and repeat the process till you run out of filling. End with a crepe. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
Whip 1/3 cup cream till stiff. Add sugar and mix.
Remove plastic wrap from the crepes.
Spoon cream over the top of the crepe.
Arrange the strawberries in a rosette.
Slice into wedges and enjoy.