- * 1/2 cup softened butter
- * 1 1/4 cup sugar
- * 2 egg
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 2 cup flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 2 teaspoon baking powder
- * 1/2 cup milk
- * 2 cup blueberry (fresh are better, but frozen i fine too)
- * 3 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, cream the room temperature butter with 1¼ cups of sugar in a medium bowl until light with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating them well before adding the next one. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Once evenly distributed, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture a little bit at a time, alternating with the milk.
- Once everything is mixed evenly, crush ½ a cup of blueberries with a fork and mix them into the batter (this is what gives the blue color and adds the taste of the blueberries into the entire batter). Fold in the remaining blueberries whole.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill with the batter. Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of sugar over the top and pop them in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and let them cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!