This is a great recipe for quick and easy meals or if you are cooking for 1-2 people. You can scale the recipe down or up depending on how many servings you want to make.
Hope you enjoy!
Susan & your Winnipeg Registered Dietitian Nutrition Coaches!
Cheesy open faced tuna sandwich
- 3 can of tuna, drained
- ½ cup celery (chopped)
- ¼ cup onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- ½– ¾ cup grated low fat cheese
- 6 Whole wheat English muffin
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Preheat oven to 350f
- Mix tuna, celery, onion, mayonnaise and cheese in a medium bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Cut open the English muffin and place on a baking sheet
- Spread equal amounts of tuna mixture on each muffin half.
- Bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 10 mins.
- Serve while hot.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 6