“This is so good, it keeps me from eating the more fatty cakes and pies.”
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. butter or light margarine,melted
- 2 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 c. liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 c. fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9″ round baking pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with a circle of waxed paper and coat with spray.
- Step 2In a cup, combine the maple syrup and butter or margarine. Pour into the prepared pan and swirl over the bottom. Arrange the peaches and cranberries in a decorative patternover the syrup mixture.
- Step 3In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Step 4In a medium bowl, combine the evaporated milk, egg substitute, yogurt, honey, oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour the batter over the fruit in the pie pan and smooth the top.
- Step 5Bake for 30 minutes, or until light brown and puffy. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Carefully invert the cake onto a serving plate and remove the waxed paper.